Dial A Doctor ensures that the privacy of your personal information is maintained at all times in accordance with National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) and applicable state legislation.
Collecting and using your personal information
Your personal information will be collected by us so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of service to you.
The personal information collected may include your name, address, telephone number, Medicare number and other information we consider necessary.
Disclosing your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- for billing and administrative purposes;
- to update our records;
- to provide medical services and treatment to you, and to enable you to be attended by our medical practitioners;
- to meet comply with any legal obligations required;
- to meet obligations of notification to our medical defence organisations or insurers.
To whom we may disclose your personal information:
- your visiting doctor or your regular daytime GP;
- Medicare/Department of Veteran Affairs billing entities;
- anyone we are required or authorised by law to disclose the personal information;
- Dial A Doctor contractors supporting the provision of healthcare services or other services to you;
- any person you request or consent to receiving the information.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form.
Sensitive information will only be used for the purposes for which it was provided or for a purpose directly related to such purpose, unless you agree otherwise or the use or disclosure of the sensitive information is required or authorised by law.
Access to your personal information
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (please see contact details below).
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold; however, we will only do so in accordance with our rights and obligations under the Act.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may contact us to amend it.
We will respond to your inquiry or complaint in a timely and appropriate manner.