Dial a Doctor is an established after hours doctor service that has been operating since 2010 in Cairns, Queensland. 2012 in Perth, Western Australia.
Our service offers after hours medical care in parts of Australia – providing a high quality and reliable service to those in need. We have a large team of excellent doctors on the road, ready to visit you in your own home.
Our after hours doctor service operates in following manner:
- Patients who are unwell can ring our call centre, go through a phone triage, and book a call out.
- We take calls from everyone – people who have a Medicare or Veterans Affairs Card are bulk billed.
- International tourists are charged a call out fee ($150.00 AUD cash) which can be claimed on travel insurance.
- We also have reciprocal arrangements with Allianz for overseas students. (OSHC card holders)
- Once the call centre receptionists have booked the call it is sent out to our doctor/driver teams on the road.
- The after hours doctor/driver teams attend the calls.
- The patient is treated and we offer a range of services.
- If the patient is in need of any medications we can provide them with a script.
- The doctor’s bags have a supply of common medications so if the chemists are shut or the patient finds it difficult to leave the house the doctors can leave them with a starter pack.
- If necessary we can supply patients with a referral to a hospital.
- Once the consultation has concluded the doctor writes the clinical notes for the consultation.
- The clinical notes are then forwarded onto the patient’s daytime GP so they are kept informed about the treatment that has been administered.
We pride ourselves on providing a quality service that is of great assistance to the community in the following ways:
- People who are disabled, elderly or are without transport can have much easier access to primary health care when their regular GP is closed.
- Single parents can have their child or themselves attended to after hours without having to take the whole family out of the house.
- We greatly help to alleviate strain on Hospital Accident & Emergency departments.
- We are a bulk bill service.
Dial-A-Doctor is not a substitute for your regular GP. We encourage you to visit your regular GP for all your medical matters. However, if you have an urgent medical need that arises when your regular GP is closed, please call us on 1300 030 030.
Dial A Doctor has received the following awards:
- 2012 Australian Business Award in the Community Contribution category.
- 2012 Australian Business Award in the Enterprise category.
- 2012 Telstra Business Award finalist in the Regional business award category.
- 2012 Telstra Business Award finalist in the Start-up award category
- 2012 Cairns Business Women’s Award (to Dr Raya Mayo)